Samstag, 23. Juli 2011

The most productive week of my German life

I haven’t done ANY traveling lately (staying in Tübingen has been amazing and totally necessary in that I’ve been writing a Hausarbeit, term paper, and trying to study for exams). I have therefore been unusually productive lately, and thus last week is a great week to highlight how I spend my time here without seeming like a total lazy bum.

Monday: American history at 10am, salad for lunch at the Mensa (student cafeteria), library to jump on the computers and print stuff out, Poverty class at 4pm, home for dinner, back to the library to do some reading, bed. Note: Monday nights are NOT normally spent at the library, but rather at “Tangente” a wonderfully sketchy bar that has karaoke on Monday nights.

Tuesday: Schnitzler class at 10 am, kinda boring, home for lunch, read for my next class, go to the American history sub-section-type-thing, go home, dinner. Not terribly productive.

Wednesday: Wake up, write an intro for my Hausarbeit, meet some other Americans at a café, pound out quite a few more pages, type up notes for two of my exams that I’ll take a week from Monday, dinner and bed. Note: Wednesday nights are also normally spent going out somewhere, sometimes to Tübingens really big club “Top 10.”

Thursday: Wake up late, read a bit for class, go to “Dorfgeschichten” at noon, have some lunch and answer emails, go to Pronunciation Training at 3, meet some people at a café to do work after class, write a few more pages. Have delicious falafel for dinner, do a bit more writing in the library, and then go “Würfel unser Cocktails!” (order a cocktail, roll a dice, how much you roll is how much you pay) at Schöne Aussichten.

Friday: Wake up late, go to the Bürgeramt (Citizens Office?) to un-register from the city (sadness!!!) go to a café and continue the mad writing spree, finish my paper, (WIN, its over 4500 words auf Deutsch), buy some wine, and have a girls-night on the balcony/porch/thing at my apartment.

Saturday: Wake up not too late, go to the library, start revising my paper, have lunch, continue revising, sort-of finish revising, go to a café for some much-needed caffeine, go home and have dinner, then meet some Germans at Tübingens little Bier-garten on the river, and speak lots of German.

Sunday: Wake up late, finish revising the paper/adding some secondary literature, church at 6:30pm, home to dinner and bed.

The week of work really paid off, as I was able to turn in my Hausarbeit this past Tuesday! After my roommate corrected it for me on Monday night – it took her two hours and she had a rather confused/extremely concentrated look on her face the whole time. Hope my professor doesn’t fail me for my crap academic written German...I also went to my last class Thursday (sooo happy that Uni is over) and have just two mündliche Prüfungen (oral exams) next week before I'm done!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen